I own a Local Business. What is in it for me?
Participation in the 321 Local Rewards Program will demonstrate that your business values a strong, vibrant local economy. Midcoast FCU will maintain and promote a directory of local businesses from which our members will earn triple points, when shopping with their LOCAL REWARDS Visa®. Other future opportunities include local business marketing and coupons at Midcoast FCU ATMs. Our vision is to build a searchable online local business directory, that the entire mid-coast Maine region will use as a resource.
Is there a cost to participate in the program?
There is no cost to a local business wishing to be a part of the 321 Local Rewards Program. Your business is required to accept Visa® credit cards as a form of payment. Standard card interchange rates will apply for qualifying transactions.
Do I or my business need to be a member of Midcoast FCU?
Participating businesses are not required to be members of the Credit Union (though highly encouraged!). An enrollment application is required, confirming that the business meets our definition of a local, independent business.
What are the requirements* and how do I apply?
- The business must be located in the Maine counties of Androscoggin, Cumberland, Knox, Lincoln Waldo, or Sagadahoc.
- The business must be private, worker, community or cooperative owned and not a franchise.
- The business must be registered in Maine, with no corporate or national headquarters outside of Maine.
- The owner of majority of owners are Maine residents for at least half of the year.
- The owner(s) have full-decision-making authority over the business and is not subject to conditions dictated remotely. If there is more than one location, the majority of locations must be located within the State of Maine.
Our LOCAL REWARDS Local 321 Application and Authorization form provides the information needed to participate. Once the application and authorization form is processed, it may take up to 30 days for the business to the active under the program.
*Midcoast FCU reserves the right to decline participation in the 321 Local Rewards Program to any business it deems not appropriate or not meeting the conditions stated above.