Campaign for Ending Hunger
Midcoast FCU is dedicated to supporting Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger. Through donations and employees volunteer efforts, we support local organizations and their food assistance programs. 100% of each dollar raised through this donation link is returned to assist the following organizations in our Mid Coast communities:
- Freeport Community Services
- Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program
- Bath Area Food Bank
- Help Yourself Shelf Food Pantry
- AIO Food Pantry
Throughout the years, Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger has raised over $9.4 million to support local organizations, and fight food insecurity in Maine.
- 1 in 5 Maine children are food insecure. 16% of Maine seniors are also at risk of going hungry.
- Maine ranks 12th in the nation for food insecurity.
- 303 non-profit hunger-related organizations in the state supported in 2019!
- $832,332.62 raised in 2019. Largest, non-hunger organization-based, philanthropic fundraising effort to end hunger in Maine.
- Signature social responsibility campaign for Maine’s credit unions.