Campaign for Ending Hunger
Midcoast FCU is dedicated to supporting Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger. Through donations and employees volunteer efforts, we support local organizations and their food assistance programs. 100% of each dollar raised through this donation link is returned to assist the following organizations in our Mid Coast communities:
- Freeport Community Services
- Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program
- Bath Area Food Bank
- Help Yourself Shelf Food Pantry
- AIO Food Pantry
Since 1990, Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger has raised over $11.3 million to support local organizations, and fight food insecurity in Maine.
- 1 in 9 Mainers are food insecure.
- Maine ranks 14th in the nation for food insecurity.
- 260 non-profit hunger-related organizations were supported in 2021
- $930,367.80 raised in 2021
- This effort is the largest, non-hunger organization-based, philanthropic fundraising effort to end hunger in Maine.
Last year, Maine credit unions came together for our Holiday Meals for Mainers initiative to encourage people to donate $5 (or more) to help feed a hungry Mainer in their community during the holidays and to generate critical awareness about hunger in our communities.
We are once again coordinating this timely effort for the 2022 holiday season. Will you help us by making a donation? A simple $5 donation will provide the gift of a holiday meal to someone in need!
Join us in our efforts to help end hunger in Maine.
Click here to learn more or make a donation for either of these campaigns.