64th Annual Meeting Notice
Thank you for viewing our
2019 Financial Review
Originally held on Tuesday, August 25th, 2020 5:30pm
Click here to view a recording of the meeting!
The Board of Directors appointed the following individuals to serve as the Nominating Committee for the 64th Annual Meeting: Neeley Stanton (Chair), Janet Bickford, and Tina Greenman.
All candidates must possess the following qualifications:
• Must be a member in good standing of Midcoast FCU
• Must be honest, unselfish and act in the best interest of the Membership as a whole
• Must be able to attend regularly scheduled monthly meetings and maintain adequate understanding of Credit Union financial statements
• Must not have been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of fiduciary duty
Procedures for Nominations by Petition
Qualified nominees by petition must provide to the credit union:
• A signed statement that they are agreeable to nomination and are willing to serve if elected
• A petition signed by a minimum of 1% of the Membership (159 signatures)
• A biographical summary including your full legal name, original date of Credit Union membership, current occupation, educational background, and current / past volunteer experience
Nominations by petition must be received by February 14, 2020 at 186 Lower Main Street, Freeport, ME 04032.
Per the Credit Union’s By-Laws, nominations will not be accepted from the floor, as there is at least one nominee for each open seat. The election will not be held by ballot unless the number of nominees exceeds the number of open seats.
Board of Director Nominees
The Committee has nominated the following individuals to serve on the Credit Union’s Board of Directors. Each of these individuals have been contacted, agreed to have their names placed in nomination and to serve as volunteer directors for three-year terms or for the remainder of the unexpired term as indicated below.
Nominees and Biographical Information
Alan M. Shaver
Incumbent, Director since 2016
Date of Membership: 2013
Current Occupation: Retired, former Corporate Counsel, Kraft Foods
Educational Background: B.A. Economics, Dartmouth College; LLB Labor Law, Yale Law School
Current/Past Volunteer Efforts: Past member of Midcoast FCU Supervisory Committee; Former secretary and current volunteer with SCORE, Portland Chapter 53; Secretary of Convention, Diocese of Maine
Michelle D. Small
Incumbent, Director since 2017
Date of Membership: 1995
Current Occupation: City of Bath Police Department, Sergeant / K9 Handler, Maine State Police, K9 Assistant Trainer
Educational Background: B.S. Administration of Justice from University of Maine at Augusta, Maine Criminal Justice Academy
Current/Past Volunteer Efforts: Volunteer with many community organizations including D.A.R.E, Camp Postcard, Bath Safety Days, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Trek Across Maine and the Coastal Humane Society
Lori C. Bourgeois
Appointed to the Board in 2019 to replace Bernard Wyman, Seat to expire in 2022
Date of Membership: 1992
Current Occupation: Owner / Manager / Technician, At Last...Salon & Day Spa, Brunswick
Educational Background: Capilo Institute, Central Maine School of Massage
Current/Past Volunteer Efforts: Past member of Midcoast FCU Supervisory Committee, Hospice Care, American Red Cross and Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program