COVID-19 Response Center
Last Updated: 10/01/2020 9:30 AM
Our COVID-19 Response Plan remains fluid and responsive to the ever-changing conditions of this event. Your Credit Union is committed to maintaining uninterrupted service and is taking the following steps to support that objective. Please check back here for updates and contact our Member Contact Center at 877.964.3262 for additional assistance.
|Freeport||Lobby Open||View Hours|
|Brunswick||Lobby Open||View Hours|
|Bath||Lobby Open||View Hours|
|Edgecomb||Lobby Open||View Hours|
|Thomaston||Lobby Open||View Hours|
Lobbies are open Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
Saturdays are currently Drive-Up Service only.
Branch Entry Requirements
- Due to social distancing requirements, please be aware that each location is only allowing a limited number of members at a time. Each location has specific distancing markers and direction signage and we ask that you follow the directional signage that is posted at each location.
- Lobbies are currently only open to Midcoast FCU members wearing masks. For those unable to wear a mask or needing Shared Branching services, we ask you continue to use our Drive-Up lanes for service.
- Social Distancing markers have been placed at 6-foot intervals inside the branches for your safety and convenience.
- If you need to see someone in an office, we recommend you call ahead to schedule an appointment.
Lobby Entrance is Prohibited If:
- You are ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as a fever, cough, muscle aches, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing.
- You have been in close contact (within 6 feet for over 30 minutes) with someone who has had a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the past 14 days.
- You have recently traveled to an area outside of Maine that is not currently listed as an exempt state and have not self-quarantined for 14 days or received a negative COVID-19 test.
Financial Relief Assistance Programs
We are here to help! If you have existing loans, credit cards, real estate loans or business loans with us and need payment relief due to COVID-19, we are prepared to assist each member, based upon your individual and unique needs and circumstances.
Our Relief Options Include:
- Skip-A-Pay: Payment requirements may be waived for up to 60 days on auto loans, personal loans and other consumer loans at no cost, please call to request a Skip-A-Pay.
- Skip-A-Pay for Credit Cards: All Midcoast FCU credit cardholders may request to skip a payment. If approved, they will automatically have no minimum payment due for their next statement cycle.
- Extensions / Forbearances: For mortgages and home equity lines of credit, we can offer a number of payment deferment options to suit your specific needs.
- Loan Modifications/Debt Restructures: We will also work with our members to modify loans to lower monthly payments and extend loan terms and discuss other potential debt restructure options to keep your credit on track.
Early outreach and communication are key to a successful action plan! Please contact our Member Contact Center for assistance.
We encourage all members to utilize our full suite of eServices to maintain uninterrupted access to their accounts including:
- Online Banking
- Midcoast Mobile App
- Mobile Check Deposit
- Online and Mobile Bill Pay
- Online Loan Applications
For a complete list of all Member Communications regarding this event, please visit our COVID-19 Update archive.
COVID-19 Response FAQs
Can I still apply for a loan?
You can apply online or by phone for all your borrowing needs. Our Loan Department is fully operational and ready to lend! Receive instant online decisions with our online and mobile loan applications.
How can I close my loan?
We are closing most loans today using DocuSign. Certain loan types and documents still require a “wet” signature and those can be processed by pre-set appointments with branch staff or via our drive-up facilities. Our title attorneys are still closing mortgage loans in person, at this time.
How much cash can I withdraw from an ATM?
Midcoast Visa® debit cardholders are permitted to withdraw up to $500 per day from ATMs. Certain ATMs may restrict withdrawals to lower limits. Cards may also be used to make online or point-of-sale purchases of up to $1,500 per day.
I am not currently a member; can I open an account?
My debit card is not working, can I still get a replacement card?
Our Bath and Thomaston locations can instantly issue you a new Visa® debt card. You can pick up cards via our drive-up facilities or we can mail the card to your address on file. Requests can also be made through our mobile app, and you will be mailed your new debit card within 7-10 days.
I am locked out of online banking/mobile banking – HELP!
Our Member Contact Center is fully-staffed and ready to assist, contact us today at 877.964.3262.
How can I deposit a check without coming to the Credit Union during normal business hours?
We recommend using our mobile application equipped with mobile check deposit (MCD). If you have not tried MCD, you can follow the online instructions, or our Member Contact Center can guide you through the process. Except for payroll checks and the anticipated CARES Act stimulus checks, most MCD check deposits are subject to a two-business day hold or longer based on the Credit Union’s Reg CC: Check Availability Policy. Checks may also be mailed to any of our five locations, deposited into a depository ATM, deposited into our Night Depository, or deposited via Co-Op Shared Branching terminals and locations. Please note, some accounts are not currently eligible for MCD. For more information, please contact our Member Contact Center.
I do not have a car, can I still use the drive-up?
We are currently asking all on-foot members to go inside the lobby for your financial services. Please view the Branch Entry Restrictions prior to entering.
I visit Midcoast FCU as a shared branching member, can I still do so?
We have temporarily modified our shared branching rules to permit Co-Op Shared Branching “guest” members to perform transactions in our drive-up facilities. We will serve guest members in the drive-up lane closest to the building and proper identification will be required. Please note that “guest” members are limited to $1,000 cash withdrawals per day.
Additional COVID-19 Resources